247 IS BACK SATURDAY 27TH JUNE
It is with great pleasure we announce the return of 247 access to our health clubs commencing Saturday 27th June 2020 at 7 am, in accordance with WA four-phase roadmap for easing of restrictions for COVID 19 response.
We ask that you please review the following important updates and information carefully, in preparation to your next visit.
The latest easing of restrictions by the WA Government is due to the continued low number of new COVID-19 cases and WA’s hard border with the rest of the country.
The current health advice is that we can cautiously continue to reopen or increase capacity of certain venues and facilities, and increase indoor and outdoor non-work gatherings while continuing to practise physical distancing and good personal hygiene.
Phase 4 of the COVID-19 WA roadmap includes:
- all existing gathering limits and the 100/300 rule removed
- gathering limits now only determined by WA’s reduced 2sqm rule
- the 2sqm rule will only include staff at venues that hold more than 500 patrons
- removal of seated service requirements at food businesses and licensed premises
- alcohol can be served as part of unseated service arrangements
- major events permitted except for large-scale multi-stage music festivals
- unseated performances permitted at venues such as concert halls, live music venues, bars, pubs and nightclubs
- gyms operating unstaffed, but regular cleaning must be maintained.
- the casino floor reopening under agreed temporary restrictions.
Everyone is encouraged to continue to practice physical distancing and good personal hygiene.
On behalf of all our staff and management , we would like to sincerely thank each and everyone of you for your support and understanding throughout the past 4 months.
At Surge Fitness, the safety of our members and staff is our number one priority at all times. We have developed a through and rigorous COVID Safety Plan that both meets and exceeds the WA Government COVID Safety Plans and Guidelines which have been released to industry sectors in recent weeks.
What does this mean for Surge Members?
Club Opening Hours.
The extended temporary opening hours will finish on Friday 26th June.
Reception Opening Hours as of July 27th 2020:
Clarkson & Wanneroo:
Monda:y 6 am-7 pm
Tuesday: 6 am-7 pm
Wednesday: 6 am-7 pm
Thursday: 6 am-7 pm
Friday: 6 am-4 pm (Wanneroo 2 pm)
Saturday: 7 am-12 pm
Monday: 7 am-7 pm
Tuesday: 7 am-7 pm
Wednesday: 7 am-7 pm
Thursday: 7 am-7 pm
Friday: 7 am-4 pm
Mon- Friday; 8 am- 6 pm
PH, Sat & Sun: Closed
Creche Inclusive memberships will recommence on June 5th. Causal creche fees will be honoured at just $3 per child.
Creche Opening hours:
Mon- Sat 8 am – 12 pm (Clarkson & Wanneroo)
Mon 4 pm – 7 pm (Wanneroo)
Tues 4 pm – 7 pm (Clarkson)
Wed 4 pm – 7 pm (Wanneroo)
In addition to the excellent hygiene standards already in place at our creche facilities, Surge Fitness will also be implementing some extra procedures to ensure our members and families are kept safe.
At Surge Fitness, protecting the health and safety of our team, members, kids and visitors (as well as their families and friends), is our utmost priority. All families using our creche services and kids classes are required to sign a declaration form when entering the centre. Our staff and management have all received full training and communication on the additional cleaning schedules and the latest advise/certification provided by the WA Health Departments for child care centres.
Group Fitness Timetables
Our Phase 4 Group Fitness Timetables and Rosters will be finalised by the end of July. We thank you for your patience while we work with our available staff and instructors as they are all called back in to work across the industry.
As well as the the exciting additions of Surge Connect and Virtual Cycle, all your old favourites will still remain! We are still a proud partner of Les Mills and will continue to run their popular programs alongside your freestyle favourites like Yoga, Pilates, Konga, Club Fiesta etc.
Please note that some modifications to class duration, capacity and formats will remain in place as per WA Government guidelines.
The full list of all available classes and descriptions is available on our website via the “Our Classes” tab.
We will notify all our members of our new TT the coming weeks via email and social media.
NEW- Class Bookings
To assist us with managing max capacity and encouraging physical distancing as per government advise, our current class booking procedures will remain in place.
To enable Surge Fitness to deliver on our members expectations, we require your assistance in ensuring that all our members abide by the booking and cancellation procedures in place for the group training timetable.
Whilst we understand that circumstances may change we would respectfully request that if you are unable to attend any class that you please cancel your booking ASAP to avoid any disappointments for members who have been unable to attend due to limited availability. Please note no-shows will be monitored and may face penalties.
The procedure for cancelling your class booking is as follows:
- Visit our online booking portal at https://mrm-connect.surgefitness.com.au/connect/
- Login using your registered email address & Pin number
- Click Manage Bookings
- Swipe left or Right to select the class you intend to cancel
- Simply click on the rubbish bin icon next to the Actions field
- To complete the cancellation simply select confirm
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CXL OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR CRECHE BOOKINGS OR PAY AS YOU GO CLASSES.
If you require you member portal login details then please visit https://www.surgefitness.com.au/contact/ and select your home club
Surge On Demand
Members with an active Surge Fitness On Demand subscription will continue to have access. A fresh class will be delivered each morning at 9.30 am. Your subscription will continue month to month and you can cancel anytime directly through the On Demand platform. You can sign up anytime by visiting our website and subscribing directly through the link.
Cleaning, Hygiene & Safety Procedures
As an extra precaution, all equipment and high touch point areas in each club will be treated with Zoono 30 days surface treatment prior to opening. No matter what the cost, Surge Fitness are committed to investing the necessary resources to ensure we have the cleanest & safest facilities for our members, staff and their families.
Zoono products have been extensively tested and proven to kill a wide range of pathogens to provide the highest level of protection and dermatologically tested to be safe on sensitive skin.
Zoono’s Z-71 Microbe Shield (the same Zoono technology used in Zoono hand sanitiser) is > 99.99% effective against COVOID-19.
More information about Zoono and its effectiveness against COVID-19 is available here:
We have implemented Increased cleaning rotations in high touch points across our clubs.
You will notice our PT’s and staff conducting extra sanitisation of equipment during peak times and reminding members to do the same.
We are encouraging good hygiene practices with additional sanitiser dispensers and paper towels provided at high touch points in our clubs and the display of government health authority notices.
Implemented strict internal procedures, policies and guidelines with all our staff and management teams to ensure we continue to provide a healthy work/workout environment for all in our communities.
Steps we ask you to take prior to returning to club:
- If you have been in close contact with a proven case of Coronavirus, please do not attend the club and advise the centre manager. .
- Please help us keep our community safe. Do not enter our club if you have had close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19
- Do not enter the club if you are currently unwell.
- Help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Please ensure you sanitise your hands on entering and exiting our club.
- Please wipe down, sanitise and return all equipment after use.
- Please respect social distancing guidelines at all times.
- We encourage you to continue to being your own props such as Yoga mats and boxing gloves to classes.
- Please follow and pay attention to all club safety signage and directions from our team.
- Please bring your own water bottle to club as our water fountains will still be unavailable.
- Please bring a clean sweat towel to the club and have viable at all times. Our staff will be completing routine checks and access to the club or classes will unfortunately be refused if you do not have one. We do have towels available for purchase at reception. The towel hire service at KS has been suspended for hygiene reasons.
- CCTV checks will be completed outside of staffed hours and members in breach of the club code of conduct or ignoring safety notices will have their complimentary 247 access privileges denied.
- Further information and updates are available on the Australian Government Department of Health website or your state health department’s website.
- Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting us to discuss.
- Thank you for helping us provide a clean and safe environment for all members & staff.
Yours in Health & Fitness,
The Surge Fitness Team