Important Notice from Surge Fitness
To ensure the safety of our people, members and clients we are taking extra precautionary measures to respond to the evolving situation regarding the spread of Novel Coronavirus (known as COVID-19).
The steps we have taken to minimise the potential health and business impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak are aligned with recommendations from government health authorities.
Surge Fitness has no confirmed cases of the virus within its workforce or in its members’ or contractors’ workforces.
Taking on-board the governments most recent advice, we are remaining open 247 and will be making the following changes across our clubs as effect from 18 March.
This morning our government announced we need to work together to help stop the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
To protect people most at risk and slow the rate of community transmission:
- Non-essential organised outdoor gatherings should be kept to fewer than 500 people
- Non-essential organised indoor gatherings should be kept to fewer than 100 people – this does not apply to schools or public transport. There’s no need to change your daily routine, but taking these social distancing precautions can help protect the people in our community who are most at risk.
Surge Fitness has introduced measures this week to encourage social distancing and limit our max capacity in our classes and health clubs.
From today, we have new max limits in our group fitness classes to allow for 1.5 meter social distancing.
On-line booking for classes have now been activated via our “Member Login” function for all classes on our live timetables. You may also book in via reception!
We will also be making changes to some class formats in the coming days such as amending the duration and scheduling of more virtual and small group training formats with our PT’s across off-peak periods.
We understand that for many of you, your daily work out is essential for your mental and physical health. Especially at times like we are experiencing now.
The extra steps will allow you to continue to enjoy your daily workout and all the benefits that come from exercise safely.
Zoono” products arriving in clubs in the coming days!
We are also proud to announce, for your ongoing safety, we have secured the supply of Zoono Microbe Shield for all our clubs and creche facilities.
No matter what the cost, Surge Fitness are committed to investing the necessary resources to ensure we have the cleanest & safest facilities for our members, staff and their families.
Zoono products have been extensively tested and proven to kill a wide range of pathogens to provide the highest level of protection and dermatologically tested to be safe on sensitive skin.
For your comfort, please review the attached link outlining Zoono. Recent testing confirmed its Z-71 Microbe Shield (the same Zoono technology used in Zoono hand sanitiser) is more than 99.99% effective against feline coronavirus, which is the recognised surrogate virus for COVID-19.
More information about Zoono and its effectiveness against COVID-19 is available here:
In addition to our current increase in cleaning rosters, member education and extra cleaning measures, we have also chosen the highest quality products that have been proven to keep surfaces protected for up to 30 days! Zoono products have been successfully tested against a variety of pathogens for up to 30 days on surfaces and 24 hours on hands.
We believe it is our duty to take every measure to ensure our members can continue their gym programs, healthy lifestyle and positive habits while being responsible for the good of our community.
Please take a moment before your next visit to familiarise yourself with the latest steps we are implementing and ask you to cooperate with, to ensure Surge Fitness remains a safe environment to workout for everyone:
Steps we have taken:
- Followed the advice from government health authorities and passed on key information and advice to our people, members, contractors and visitors.
- Encouraged good hygiene practices with additional sanitised gyms wipes dispensers provided at high touch points in our clubs and the display of government health authority notices.
- CRECHE – At Surge Fitness, protecting the health and safety of our team, members, kids and visitors (as well as their families and friends), is our utmost priority. We understand that the Coronavirus is highly contagious and the people most at risk are the elderly, very young children, those diagnosed with chronic medical conditions and people with compromised immune systems.
In addition to the excellent hygiene standards already in place at our creche facilities, Surge Fitness will also be implementing some extra procedures to ensure our members and families are kept safe.
From Monday 16/03/2020 all families using our creche services and kids class are required to sign a declaration form when entering the centre. Our staff and management have all received full training and communication on the additional cleaning schedules and latest advise provided by the WA Health Departments for child care centres.
- Increased cleaning rotations in high touch points across our clubs.
You will notice our PTs and staff conducting extra sanitisation of equipment during peak times and reminding members to do the same.
- Offer extended complimentary membership freeze to any member who needs to self quarantine/isolate for 14 days.
- If you need to do the responsible thing and self isolate, we have your back!
Please contact our reception team who will organise this additional complimentary membership freeze for you, should you require.
- Implemented strict internal procedures, policies and guidelines with all our staff and management teams to ensure we continue to provide a healthy work/workout environment for all in our communities.
- Secured supply of Zoono Microbe Shield for all our clubs and creche facilities.
- Limited class capacity and introduced on-line booking via our Member Login feature and reception for all classes to allow for social distancing and managing club capacity in peak times.
- Making changes to our class formats and introducing more outdoor, virtual and small group training.
- Made changes to class duration to allow more time to clean/set up between classes.
Steps you can take:
- We encourage you to prepare your own response plans if you have not already done so.
- We encourage you to wash your hands often, with soap and water, or carrying hand sanitiser and using it as needed.
- Take care of yourself. Drink plenty of water, get a restful sleep at night, take time to switch off from technology, get some fresh air, eat healthy, keep fit and keep moving! Do not neglect yourself. Positive habits are more important now than ever to maintain your health and general well-being.
- Ensure you thoroughly wipe down all gym mats and equipment with the sanitised Gym Wipes/ Spray Bottles provided.
- Always use a sweat towel when exercising or taking part in classes.
- Feel welcome to bring your own yoga mat/boxing gloves to classes and PT sessions. Ensure you are wearing clean, sanitised boxing glove liners if using communal equipment.
Cotton boxing glove liners are already a prerequisite, as per our membership terms and conditions, you will not be permitted to participate in class without them.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing, but not with your hands.
- See a health care professional if you start to feel unwell.
- If you believe you may have been exposed to the virus, are undergoing testing including waiting for test results, or are showing symptoms of ANY viral illness (particularly fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) we ask that you do not attend the gym. Please be mindful of your fellow members when making this decision.
- The Prime Minister has announced that as of 12.00am 16th March all people returning from international travel must self-isolate for 14 days after the date of return to Australia.
In response to this latest update, we now require any member that has returned from ANY international travel within the last 14 days to self isolate and we ask that you DO NOT attend the gym.
Please see the Department of Health’s website for details on this advise and other risk categories.
- If you have been in close contact with a proven case of Coronavirus, you must isolate yourself for 14 days.
- If unwell, please avoid contact with others (including shaking hands or other touching, such as hugging).
- Further information and updates are available on the Australian Government Department of Health website or your state health department’s website.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide further updates if required.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting us to discuss.
Thank you for helping us provide a clean and safe environment for all members & staff.
Yours in health & wellness!