WA Premier Mark McGowan, has announced the fantastic news that Perth will enter the next stage of eased restrictions, post lock-down tonight at 12:01 am, Tuesday 6th July.
The eased transitional restrictions from 12:01am, Tuesday 6 July include:
- Mandatory indoors, including the workplace and on public transport
- Not required outdoors where physical distancing is possible
- Regular exemptions apply
- People should apply common sense and take a mask with them whenever they leave home.
- 30-person limit in all homes for indoor private gatherings
- 150-person limit for outdoor private gatherings.
- Anyone who has been in Perth or Peel since Sunday, 27 June must also wear a mask subject to the above requirements
Businesses and venues
- 150 person limit and 2sqm rule for:
- Hospitality venues (restaurants, cafes, pubs, bars) for seated service only
- Public venues (swimming pools, recreation centres, outdoor playgrounds, museums)
- Fitness venues (gyms, pilates, yoga, dance studios)
- Casinos for seated service only
- Nightclubs for seated service only
- Entertainment venues
- Places of worship.
What does this mean for Surge Members?
Club access to all Surge Fitness health clubs will resume tonight, Tuesday 06/07/2021 at 12:01AM.
As you are aware, your weekly membership fee was debited on Friday 25th June 2021 prior to the period of prohibition being imposed by our state premier from 12pm Monday 28th June 2021. These restrictions resulted in 3 of the 7 days of your membership being unavailable to for you to attend our clubs and engage with our services.
Furthermore, you were not charged any membership fees and no direct debit was taken for the week commencing Friday 2nd July 2021. Today’s announcement from our premier confirmed that W.A will commence stage 2 of the transitional restrictions from 21.01am Tuesday 6th July 2021. The lifting of these restrictions therefore leaves 3 of the 7 days remaining of the week commencing Friday 2nd July for you to commence training once again at Surge Fitness.
We can now confirm that there is no outstanding balance or credits owed by you or Surge Fitness to cover the period of prohibition.
As such, the normal weekly membership fee will be debited this Friday 9th July 2021.
✅We will have a strict no mask/towel, no workout policy.
✅You will be asked to sanitise your hands both as you enter and leave our clubs.
✅Everyone attending our clubs MUST sign in using the “Safe WA” app or a written contact register and also must individually SCAN their Surge Fitness access cards.
✅ Bookings for all classes and creche will continue to be 100% mandatory.
✅Masks are compulsory indoors. This means staff & members will need to wear a mask at all times and areas within our clubs.
You may remove your mask when exercising vigorously only. Members that provide genuine medical exemptions in advance to our staff will be welcome to attend the clubs without a mask, subject to the WA Health advice stating this is compliant.
If you are unable to attend the club due to the mask policy, complimentary Surge Fitness On Demand will be provided. Please let our team know.
Group Fitness Timetables:
Classes are back and ready for bookings! We ask for your patience while we work with our available staff and instructors as they are all called back in to work across the industry.
Please note that some modifications to class duration, capacity and formats will remain in place as per WA Government guidelines.
The full list of all available classes and descriptions is available on our website via the “Our Classes” tab. We will endeavour to launch with our standard timetable this weekend, however, please understand there may be some schedule changes due to safety, staff welfare and restrictions.
To assist us with managing max capacity and encouraging physical distancing as per government advise, our current class booking procedures will remain in place.
To enable Surge Fitness to deliver on our members expectations, we require your assistance in ensuring that all our members abide by the booking and cancellation procedures in place for the group training timetable.
Whilst we understand that circumstances may change we would respectfully request that if you are unable to attend any class that you please cancel your booking ASAP to avoid any disappointments for members who have been unable to attend due to limited availability. Please note no-shows will be monitored and may face penalties.
The procedure for cancelling your class booking is as follows:
* Visit our online booking portal at https://mrm-connect.surgefitness.com.au/connect/
* Login using your registered email address & Pin number
* Click Manage Bookings
* Swipe left or Right to select the class you intend to cancel
* Simply click on the rubbish bin icon next to the Actions field
* To complete the cancellation simply select confirm
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CXL OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PAY AS YOU GO CLASSES (Such as Reformer Pilates). This must be completed by contacting reception with more than 24 hours notice.
If you require you member portal login details then please visit https://www.surgefitness.com.au/contact/ and select your home club.
S Connect 8 Week Challenge
Early bird registrations are NOW OPEN for the next S Connect 8 Week Challenge!
In addition to the excellent hygiene standards already in place at our creche facilities, Surge Fitness will also be implementing some extra procedures to ensure our members and families are kept safe. Our team and professional contractors are doing an additional deep clean today, ready for your return.
At Surge Fitness, protecting the health and safety of our team, members, kids and visitors (as well as their families and friends), is our utmost priority. All families using our creche services and kids classes are required to sign a declaration form when entering the centre. Our staff and management have all received full training and communication on the additional cleaning schedules and the latest advise/certification provided by the WA Health Departments for child care centres. Children under 12 will not be required to wear a mask, however, ALL STAFF will wear masks for the duration of their shifts.
Cleaning, Hygiene & Safety Procedures:
As an extra precaution, for the past 10 months, all equipment and high touch point areas in each club are treated with Zoono 30 days surface treatment prior to opening. No matter what the cost, Surge Fitness are committed to investing the necessary resources to ensure we have the cleanest & safest facilities for our members, staff and their families.
Zoono products have been extensively tested and proven to kill a wide range of pathogens to provide the highest level of protection and dermatologically tested to be safe on sensitive skin.
Zoono’s Z-71 Microbe Shield (the same Zoono technology used in Zoono hand sanitiser) is > 99.99% effective against COVOID-19.
More information about Zoono and its effectiveness against COVID-19 is available here:
We will continue cleaning rotations in high touch points across our clubs.
You will notice our PT’s and staff conducting extra sanitisation of equipment during peak times and reminding members to do the same.
We are encouraging good hygiene practices with additional sanitiser dispensers and paper towels provided at high touch points in our clubs and the display of government health authority notices.
Implemented strict internal procedures, policies and guidelines with all our staff and management teams to ensure we continue to provide a healthy work/workout environment for all in our communities.
Steps we ask you to take prior to returning to club:
* If you have been in close contact with a proven case of Coronavirus, please do not attend the club and advise the centre manager.
* Please ensure you wear a mask at all times within our clubs. Please report any member removing their mask, or refusing to wear a mask, to our team.
* Please help us keep our community safe. Do not enter our club if you have had close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19. Please get tested.
* Do not enter the club if you are currently unwell.
* Help prevent the spread of Covid-19. Please ensure you sanitise your hands on entering and exiting our club.
* Please wipe down, sanitise and return all equipment after use.
* Please respect social distancing guidelines at all times.
* We encourage you to continue to bringing your own props such as Yoga mats and boxing gloves to classes.
* Please follow and pay attention to all club safety signage and directions from our team.
* Please bring your own water bottle to club as our water fountains will still be unavailable.
* Please bring a clean sweat towel to the club and have visible at all times. Our staff will be completing routine checks and access to the club or classes will unfortunately be refused if you do not have one. We do have towels available for purchase at reception.
* Members and Visitors must scan/sign in to the club at all times. Access without a record of visit is strictly prohibited.
* Bookings for all classes will remain in place.
* CCTV checks will be completed and any members in breach of the club code of conduct or ignoring safety notices will have their complimentary 247 access privileges denied.
* Please DO NOT bring in friends or colleagues in to the club without prior approval/booking and sign in procedures being followed.
* Further information and updates are available on the Australian Government Department of Health website or your state health department’s website.
* Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting us to discuss.
* Thank you for helping us provide a clean and safe environment for all members & staff.
Yours in Health & Fitness,
The Surge Fitness Team